Vermont/NE ITE Joint Virtual Winter Meeting – Thursday, January 28
While we are sadly unable to host our annual ITE Winter Ski Day, this year we plan to keep the Winter Meeting alive remotely. The meeting will be held on Thursday January 28th at 3:00 PM.
Please see agenda details, and a Zoom meeting link below.
- 3:00 – Welcome & Introductions
- 3:05 – Vermont Transportation Assessment Policy Framework – Joe Segale, VTrans
- Chittenden County RPC previously worked with RSG and VTrans to examine alternatives to the existing level of service (LOS) metric for assessing traffic impacts. This foundational work has led VTrans to begin pursuing utilizing volume to capacity (v/c) as the primary metric to be considered as part of assessing traffic impacts. Joe will provide an overview of where things stand and is interested in hearing practitioner’s thoughts and feedback on the proposal.
- 3:55 – 2020 New England ITE Strategic Plan – Jenn Conley, VHB & Ian McKinnon, Howard Stein Hudson
- Jenn and Ian, incoming and current New England ITE Presidents respectively, will introduce everyone to the 2020 New England ITE Strategic Plan. The Plan includes a number of initiatives that rely on members in each of the New England states including scheduling at least one meeting each year at or near each state’s DOT to encourage more public sector attendance. There’s also some potential changes regarding Sections and Chapter organization to discuss with everyone.
- 4:10 – Calibration of the Highway Safety Manual Predictive Models for Rural Two-Lane Roads for Vermont – Jim Sullivan, UVM TRC
- The 2010 Highway Safety Manual (HSM) provides predictive equations for quantifying the safety effects of planning and designing roadway alternatives. These equations have been, however, developed based on data sets from a small number of states and they must be calibrated to local conditions in order to ensure that the results at the local levels are accurate. Jim will share his work conducted with the help of funding from the VTrans Research Program.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 816 2784 4645
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,81627844645#,,,,*413331# US (New York)
+13017158592,,81627844645#,,,,*413331# US (Washington D.C)